Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Garden is planted..Hallelujah!!

I love having a garden, but I sure hate planting it..its so much work!! But alas, ours is finally done!! After digging up half my sister's front yard, and then mixing in the mulch, and planting, and digging rows..etc..we are done!! We have 28 tomato plants (yes I know I'm crazy!!), 23 assorted pepper plants (bell, jalapeno, anaheim), broccoli, 200+ onions, peas, green beans, basil, oregano, lemongrass, watermelon, corn, butternut and yellow squash, pumpkin, zucchini, cucumbers, spinach, cilantro, honeydew, and cantalope (I don't know how to spell that?)!! Yah..I"m excited..we sure hope to get tons this year!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn and Ryan said...

I'm so impressed! Too bad things don't grow here in Vegas. I've been meaning to call you... and I will soon, i promise! It's just hard to find time when he's sleeping!!! :)

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Holy moly that IS a garden! I love the idea to plant lemongrass. It is so hard to find and Thai food is so good. Anyway, this is Malinda Sieg from the ward (your wannabe sewing friend)and I just found a little slip of paper on my doorstep this morning saying that I get to be one of your visiting teachers! Hot dog! I can't tell you how excited I am!!!