Sunday, February 26, 2012

New words and funny things, Kate update

There have been a lot of "battles" going on at my house, I guess that comes with the territory when your daughter eats, sleeps, and breathes princess life. Lately, she's been letting Kate be the princess. She runs all over the house battling the evil witch (Braden). Although we started using the word "defeat" because "kill" or "stab" is just not ok at this age, Taylor has come up with her own version of the word. The other night she ran up to her dad and said, "I will suffeat you evil witch!" "Why?" "Because I am a saver, and I must save the princess!!!"

A few mornings ago, my mom called, and so I let Taylor answer the phone. I walked into the kitchen to finish what I was doing. After a few seconds, Taylor ran into to tell me that Nana was coming over. As soon as she finished, the phone rang again. I figured it must be my mom needing to talk to me, so I told Taylor to go get the phone and she what Nana wanted now. Taylor picked up the phone and said "What now???" Except it wasn't my mom....awesome.

My favorite word of this phase: Yesternight

Kate update:
Kate started crawling just after 9 months! YEah! Very goofily with one leg tucked under her bum, and the other leg out, using just her toe to move along. Pretty much before she was crawling, she was taking any opportunity to stand up, so now that she's mobile, she standing on everything. She just needs a bit more balance, and off she'll be walking.
She gives great high-fives, waves, and I think she's saying "hi".
She is a curious little bug, moving all around and checking out everything left on the floor.
She loves her baby dolls, and gives them the cutest hugs and smiles.
She is full of expression; such a happy disposition.
Screams for her dad the second he walks in the door if he dares do anything else before picking her up.
Want to eat a snack?? Not around Kate. If you have food, know you are going to share. Think you'll just give her one little bite and hurry and eat it? Yah right, think again. She is the food monster. DEMANDING!
LOVES her Taylor..LOVES! Hates when Taylor leaves her, gets so excited waiting for Taylor to get up in the morning. Adores her all day. Definitely her favorite friend. Taylor can get her to laugh and smile like no one else.
Head shakes--shakes her head at us as fast as she can (really has to work on balance then), and then just laughs like she is the funniest thing ever.. (which of course, we agree!)

1 comment:

Rachell said...

I love reading about your life. I laugh so hard. You have the funniest girls.