Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First Babysitting..AHH!

So, we went on an afternoon date for the first time since Taylor's been born yesterday. I totally trust the gal we left her with, but I was so nervous Taylor would be upset about us leaving her with a stranger. And, of course, we watched a super intense movie about a girl being kidnapped, which did not help my nerves one bit!! So after doing my best to play it cool around Braden, we went to pick her up, and I was so excited to see her. I was SURE she'd be thrilled to see us. However, when we got there she was asleep, except then Braden let the door slam, and she was awake and upset from being woken up. Bummer...but here's the real heartbreaker..Once I got her calmed down, she gave us a couple smiles, AND THEN SHE REACHED FOR THE OTHER GIRL!! How sad for a mom's first babysitting trip..but at least it looks like she doesn't mind being babysat.

In other news..Taylor has now pretty much mastered sitting up, and is now done with that. Everytime she sits on my lap, she grabs my fingers and stands herself up..and if she can't do that, then she's diving forward and struggling as hard as she can to get moving around. Also, her snatching capabilities are becoming highly evolved. We can no longer eat around her, or hold anything around her, because if we have it within reach, she's trying to snatch it. As I'm typing right now, she's trying her best to help me. She's getting so active!! We love it!

Also, we've started feeding her solid foods...she LOVES bananas..not so hot on carrots, but we'll try again!

1 comment:

Anjuli White said...

Hey Britt! I am so glad you found me! I have wanted to see pictures of your new baby forever! She is adorable. You have to come by and let me see her - I want to pinch her cheeks!