Who's been teaching her this stuff?? And she's not even 2 yet...
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Faker, faker, belly-acher
Taylor is sharpening her faking skills. Lately, she will come up to me, push her bottom lip out, and make little sniffling noises. She waits until I ask what's wrong, and then cracks a huge grin and laughs at me. Ha ha. She usually can hardly last 30 seconds without laughing with me. However, she's taken her faking to the next level. Yesterday we had a lot of errands to run. Finally on the way to the last store, I could see she was getting tired, so I told her we were almost there, and just hang on. I kept talking to her, and about 30 seconds I looked back, and those little peepers were closed. So I reached back and shook her carseat a bit, hoping to just startle her enough to get her to one more store. No budge, not even an eye flutter. So I tried talking to her, promising treats and such, and I see this teeny crack of a grin come across her face. So I started cracking up and asking her if she's a "fakin bacon" (yah I know, kids and rhyming stupid stuff is like a disease), but still she would not open those eyes, not even a crack to check if I'm still watching, all the while trying as hard as she could to suppress that smile growing across her face. It took me a good 3 minutes until she finally budged. Do you know how many things I wish I could get her to focus for just 3 minutes????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's impressive concentration... if only you could channel that elsewhere ;-)
Post a Comment