Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yep, we moved..

I feel I need to start with an apology. We moved, and I know we did not get to say goodbye to many of you. Our leaving is so bittersweet, I wanted to sneak out in the middle of the night to avoid any tearful goodbyes. We miss you all, and are sad to have left, but are grateful for the many friendships we have made in our time in Provo. We hope to stay in touch, and would love if you find yourselves in Los Angeles, to come by and say hello!

As for now, we're hanging out in Vegas, trying not to shrivel from the heat. It seems so much worse than I remember, but I guess that's what 7 years away does to ya!

Taylor is learning by leaps and bounds these days. She's probably added 30 words to her vocabulary in the past two weeks since we've been here, including "fork" which when she says sounds like another 4 letter word. We can help but laugh because it is so funny, which of course only encourages her to keep using it.

She loves being here with all the amenities grandparents have to offer; fun snacks, new toys, and a pool. As much as she loves water, she is terrified of being in the pool past the first step. She refuses to get in her floaty boat, and the first couple times Braden or her aunt Paige went in the deep end or off the diving board, she came unglued because she thought they were dying. Fortunately, she's gotten over that now, and just begs for Paige to "jump...high..Paige..wa-wa" Yep, she's heading on her way to sentences.

So I've been told that now that I've left, I have to upkeep my blog more..so this is my first effort..so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good luck! I hope you guys like LA!

erika herman said...

Yay!! Thank you for posting, I miss you guys so much. Keep reminding Taylor of "Ka" and show her pictures of me everyday so that she will never forget me. :)

Ha, I so wish I could hear her say "fork," I bet that is awesome. Well, much love from Utah!